Monday, July 23, 2007

INNER TOURISM

I finally bound in mariachasana D today in yoga...on both sides! A week exactly from what Sharath said on my first day. He's pretty funny...he keeps saying "Don't hurry!" and with his accent sounds like "Don't Worry!"...He knows I am type A impatient and he keeps scolding me for trying to move ahead without his 'blessing'.

I met an Indian lady who was telling me some very spooky spiritual stories. She is sending me to an Arabian coffee reader in Bangalore to have my fortune told. Apparently people come from far and wide to see her. I may just make the 2 hour trip. There is also a highly recommended temple 8 hours drive away that she also says will be life changing. Anyone ever hear of 'The blue-eyed baba'? Everything here is very ceremonious and spiritual. I love it!


My legs were licked by a stray dog a few days ago...YUCK! I did not have my rabies shot so I was a little worried. Then when I broke out in red bumps, my house mum sent me to the hospital...I was in and out in 15 minutes and it turns out they were insect bites...phew:) No worries about the rabies. It all cost me about $2.50. Sign seen at hospital:

"Spiritual knowledge is the only thing that can destroy our miseries forever. Any other knowledge satisfies wants only for a time." ~Swami Vivekanada

Other friends of mine keeping blogs here are Rachael from San Diego: embodiedmovement.blogspot.com
and Elise from New York:
mysoremusings.blogspot.com
If you want to hear more eventful tales.

I will be writing an article on the Mysore Green Hotel in Sunday's Sun if anyone gets the chance to read it and save me a copy. It is on eco-tourism!

No comments: